Sunday, February 01, 2009

Family visits in India

Rich has been slogging away hard at work back in Australia while I've been galavanting in the hillsides. Having managed to get two weeks off work he came to India today for the first time. We picked him up and caught up with my grandad (93yrs), uncles, cousins in Guwahati and then went up to Shillong where my mum grew up to see all the Khasi family. 7 aunts, 1 uncle, 36 cousins and now I am trying to catch up and learn all my cousins childrens name. This doesn't include all the extended family, only a few of which we have time to visit with such as grandmas sisters, mother's cousins, their children, the list goes on. Many lovely cups of tea and 'ah ne wo's (oh my goodness) in regards to height, how much we've grown etc.

Grandad and I

Grandad in the middle, high jump and pole vault champion at uni. Must have got my high jump ability at school from him!

Morning pose


Yummy puris made by grandpa's wife with my cousins supporting

Richard, grandpa and I. Happy after hand shaken deal on when we are having a baby.

Lumparing, Shillong - hanging out and chatting in the sun with family

Aunty Lucky hiding bettlenut in her mouth hoping my mother won't see this photo


Cousin, Palie, hoping I wouldn't take this photo let alone publish it on the web

Palei's son, Jeff, and my aunts flower pots

6 of mum's sisters - Aunty: Lucky, Pott, Peggy, Pam, Lonty & Lucy.

Rich and the boys


Amanda (?) & Angie

1 comment:

The Lewis Family said...

Great to see the photos. It looks like there are many reasons to catch up again with the other side of the family.
Cheers, Simon